Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Some days you just feel like smiling.

Today is one of those days for me. I don’t know why. Nothing spectacular has happened. My desk at the office is piled with work, no big news on the publishing front, my kitchen is a mess as my wife and father-in-law repaint it, I’ve been fighting a cold for two weeks and my shoulder aches like someone’s stuffing a giant frozen needle into a Basil voodoo doll…but I still feel like smiling.

Maybe it’s because the sun is out and the sky is blue the mountains are majestic and I am alive. Maybe its because I have a family to go home to when it all gets too much. Maybe its because I’m not a road-kill porcupine being plucked apart by a bunch of squawking ravens in the middle of the road. Whatever the reason, it’s a good day to be Basil.

God is good.

Have a nice Tuesday.
Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment