Thursday, February 10, 2011

eReaders have changed the world...But beware the 'Ed Reader'

WIN A FREE KINDLE 3 WIFI! GO TO WWW.BASILSANDS.COM FOR DETAILS!

Having an ereader, be it a Kindle, Nook, iPad or even an Android or iPhone I believe makes a ton of difference for reading habits. So far I've only wished for a Kindle but have been too cheap to buy one. But I do have the Kindle App on my Android, and love it. I'm the kind of reader who has at least 4 or 5 books going at any time (one in each restroom/bath, one one the nightstand, one on the coffee table and one in my gym bag as well as an audiobook in the truck). By having the reader on my phone I have my whole book selection with me everywhere I go, which means I finish each book a little faster rather than reading a chapter of whichever of the five happens to be near me. Oh, and I don't mind reading on my phone since this one has a fairly large screen and the fonts can be resized to comfy.

On the publishing side, I have three novels and two shorts out there self-published on Kindle/B&N/Smashwords. While I have not gotten Konrath/Hocking/McQuestion/Morrison rich and famous, I have made enough in the past three months to take our first outside vacation with my entire family of five, something that is not cheap when living in AK (as you probably know, Jordan). The amount I've already made is a lot more than the highest advance offer my previous agent was able to bring to the table.

So as I said regardless of the model ereader you have, it has changed the world.

there is one ereader model I didn't like though. It was the Ed Reader and came with a free trial, which involved a guy named Ed with a backpack full of your choice of used 10 cent paperback books. He holds the book open and turns the page when you make a 'bing' sound. ...kinda creepy that one...especially in the bathroom.

WIN A FREE KINDLE 3 WIFI! GO TO WWW.BASILSANDS.COM FOR DETAILS!
Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment