Monday, November 3, 2008

What Comics Would the Presidential Candidates have Read as Kids?

What a person reads speaks volumes about their personality and style. While I am not sure what books the candidates do read I believe them both to be readers of literary works versus commercial fiction. There's a good chance neither reads much horror.  I also have a feeling that I will probably not get famous via them as I am sure neither reads too many thrillers (like Reagan with Clancy).

Obama doesn't seem like the type who would read a thriller, and most people like McCain who have been through a traumatic experience in war or violence don't get into books that replay their nightmares.

While I don't know for certain what they read today I would guess that both read comic books as kids/teens. Most likely BObama's Muslim parents didn't allow comics, but if they did, those are my guess.

Obama = Green Lantern, Spiderman, maybe Incredible Hulk

McCain = Batman, Fantastic Four, Daredevil

What do you think?


Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment