Wednesday, December 2, 2009

See This Movie!!

I don’t watch too many movies, at least not compared to many people. When I do watch movies, I want them to be good. I have now found what I will probably consider the top contender for my movie of the year award.

RED CLIFF
http://www.redclifffilm.com/
I love historical fiction and have a particular thing for Chinese and Korean epics. Don’t know why, but they grab me. Among the greats I have enjoyed are Musa, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Hero, Yom Ge So Mun (Korean tv series), Tae Guk Ki, and The Road Home ( I know it was a love story, but hey it was good).

But my new absolute favourite is Red Cliff, by John Wu. Dang!

Big action, real heros, historical feeling, incredible plot twists, believable story. This was not fantasy, it was like my dream of what the time was. At the moment I am in the early stage of writing a historical fiction set in a similar time as this movie. And I will say that this film has injected itself into my thoughts and the images that will end up on the page of my own work in the future.

This movie made my heart thump and my knuckles clench the couch. It made the new 50” plasma & surround sound system worth every penny.

SEE IT!

Other movies I have seen and liked this year ( they are not necessarily new) include the following:

1. District 9 – wow, good stuff
2. Spirited Away – Anime that kept my full attention
3. Metropolis – Ok, I was on an Anime kick – but it was good
4. Madea goes to Jail – I laughed myself silly

But Red Cliff is definitely my personal favourite for 2009

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment